Raw Cacao Super Power Truffles “aka – superhero balls”
Every evening ….. who am I kidding every day, I get a craving for some sort of chocolate treat, I feel like its necessary to indulge… within reason of course.. and!!!, with the mind set of “what are these ingredients doing for me?”, “how are they benefiting my health?”, & “are they affecting me in a positive way or a negative way?” –
Inspired by the Netflix series “Jessica Jones” haha.. I wanted to make something that would give me some sort of “super power” – and I can say… it absolutely did…. however I was up until 12:30am vacuuming and cleaning my living room and kitchen – so…. it gave me the super power to stay up and clean.. haha.. I guess that is a good super power and my house is clean.
So searching the cupboards I went…. without even knowing my plan of action.. Here is what we (Tijen helped) we developed. Which turned out FABULOUS!
- 1 Almond flour – or roughly chopped almonds
- 1/2 Bob Mills GF pancake mix (I know sounds weird, ahah! but we were scrap cooking – can substitute for 1/2 Almond flour.
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 3/4 cup Raw Cacao powder (not coco)
- 2/3 cup Pure Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter
- 1/2 cup Organic oats
- 1 tbsp Nut butter
- 1 Scoop Hemp Protein powder
- Hemp hearts for after.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl & combine
- Add melted coconut oil, Maple syrup and Nut butter and mix until doughy.
- Place mixture into the freezer for 5 mins before rolling into balls (makes it easier to form)
- After 5 minutes – Line tray with parchment paper & roll into balls, cover with hemp hearts
- Place in freezer for 2 hours & enjoy!!!
Best stored in a air tight container in the Refrigerator.