Adding fruit and herbs to your water not only looks picture perfect (hence the reason why I had to take a photo) it tastes amazzzzing, and offers so many healing benefits.
- 1 C Strawberry slices
- 1 C Cucumber slices
- 1 Whole lemon (cut into slices)
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Mint
- 2 Litres
Additional ideas for this amazing herb: adding to salads, tea, and the flowers are edible
Mentha spicata (Strawberry mint)
- Helps relieve symptoms of Irritable Bowel syndrome
- Can inhibit the growth of some types of bacteria
- Freshens breath 😉
- High in vitamin A, C and E
- Rich in iron, vitamin K, and folic acid
- Aids digestion
- Made up of soluble fibre, which increases the bodies ability to absorb carbohydrates which helps to balance sugar levels within the body.
- Antioxidant & Diuretic properties – helps ward off free radicals, cleanse the liver and kidneys.
- Increases hydration
- High in antioxidants – which helps to prevent cell damage caused from toxins (internal / environmental)
- Rich in vitamin C, beta carotene, manganese, potassium, vitamin B
- Lowers blood pressure
- Naturally Alkaline’s water
- Improves skin health
Lemon (Lemon is NOT acidic) once it enters your body it alkaline’s!
- Aids in digestion – Here is how: fresh lemon juice’s structure is similar to the digestive juices found in the stomach, it tricks the liver to start producing bile, which stimulates your digestive enzymes to be secreted. Helping to break down food.
- Relives indigestion and upset stomach
- Decreases bloating
- Mild diuretic which stimulates the liver & helps the body & skin detox.
- Full of Vitamin C – which stimulates white blood cell production (which is responsible for your immune system & fighting)
- Boosts energy/mood
Love birds enjoying some catmint